Donegal Group Inc. (NASDAQ:DGICA – Get Rating) major shareholder Mutual Insurance Co Donegal bought 6,480 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, May 16th. The shares were purchased at an average cost of $15.32 per share, with a total value of $99,273.60. Following the acquisition, the insider now directly owns 10,623,523 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $162,752,372.36. The purchase was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Large shareholders that own at least 10% of a company’s shares are required to disclose their transactions with the SEC.
Mutual Insurance Co Donegal also recently made the following trade(s):
- On Friday, May 13th, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal acquired 10,895 shares of Donegal Group stock. The stock was acquired at an average price of $15.02 per share, with a total value of $163,642.90.
- On Wednesday, May 11th, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal purchased 7,941 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were purchased at an average price of $14.84 per share, with a total value of $117,844.44.
- On Monday, May 9th, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal purchased 7,059 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were purchased at an average price of $14.58 per share, with a total value of $102,920.22.
- On Thursday, May 5th, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal acquired 61,785 shares of Donegal Group stock. The shares were bought at an average cost of $14.23 per share, for a total transaction of $879,200.55.
- On Tuesday, May 3rd, Mutual Insurance Co Donegal purchased 8,537 shares of Donegal Group stock. The stock was acquired at an average cost of $13.66 per share, for a total transaction of $116,615.42.
Shares of NASDAQ DGICA opened at $15.55 on Thursday. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $13.79 and its two-hundred day moving average is $14.03. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.07, a current ratio of 0.42 and a quick ratio of 0.42. Donegal Group Inc. has a 1-year low of $13.09 and a 1-year high of $15.79. The company has a market cap of $488.58 million, a price-to-earnings ratio of 17.09 and a beta of 0.06.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, May 16th. Stockholders of record on Monday, May 2nd were issued a $0.165 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Friday, April 29th. This represents a $0.66 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 4.24%. This is an increase from Donegal Group’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.16. Donegal Group’s dividend payout ratio is presently 72.53%.
Several hedge funds and other institutional investors have recently made changes to their positions in DGICA. Morgan Stanley boosted its position in shares of Donegal Group by 497.6% in the 2nd quarter. Morgan Stanley now owns 33,165 shares of the insurance provider’s stock valued at $484,000 after purchasing an additional 27,615 shares during the period. SG Americas Securities LLC acquired a new stake in Donegal Group during the 3rd quarter worth approximately $161,000. New York State Common Retirement Fund lifted its position in Donegal Group by 45.0% during the 3rd quarter. New York State Common Retirement Fund now owns 11,451 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $166,000 after acquiring an additional 3,555 shares during the period. Barclays PLC lifted its position in Donegal Group by 11.7% during the 3rd quarter. Barclays PLC now owns 39,904 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $578,000 after acquiring an additional 4,184 shares during the period. Finally, Allianz Asset Management GmbH lifted its position in Donegal Group by 6.4% during the 3rd quarter. Allianz Asset Management GmbH now owns 24,583 shares of the insurance provider’s stock worth $356,000 after acquiring an additional 1,469 shares during the period. 30.02% of the stock is owned by hedge funds and other institutional investors.
DGICA has been the topic of several research reports. Zacks Investment Research lowered Donegal Group from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating in a research note on Monday, January 24th. StockNews.com raised Donegal Group from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating in a research note on Thursday, April 28th.
Donegal Group Company Profile (Get Rating)
Donegal Group Inc, an insurance holding company, provides personal and commercial lines of property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals. It operates through three segments: Investment Function, Personal Lines of Insurance, and Commercial Lines of Insurance. The company offers private passenger automobile policies that provide protection against liability for bodily injury and property damage arising from automobile accidents, as well as protection against loss from damage to automobiles; and homeowners policies, which provide coverage for damage to residences and their contents from a range of perils, including fire, lightning, windstorm, and theft, as well as liability of the insured arising from injury to other persons or their property.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Donegal Group (DGICA)
- MarketBeat Podcast: Options Trading As Easy As Trading Stocks
- The TJX Companies: It’s Not All Doom And Gloom In Retail
- Simply Good Foods Stock is Simply Looking Good Down Here
- Shoe Carnival’s Q1 Results Are No Joke, Shares Fall 15%
- Dynatrace: Fundamentals are Positive While Being Punished
Receive News & Ratings for Donegal Group Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Donegal Group and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.