Duolingo, Inc. (NYSE:DUOL – Get Rating) CFO Matthew Skaruppa sold 1,972 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction on Wednesday, May 17th. The shares were sold at an average price of $143.44, for a total transaction of $282,863.68. Following the completion of the sale, the chief financial officer now directly owns 62,461 shares in the company, valued at $8,959,405.84. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink.
Matthew Skaruppa also recently made the following trade(s):
- On Monday, May 15th, Matthew Skaruppa sold 1,804 shares of Duolingo stock. The shares were sold at an average price of $140.83, for a total transaction of $254,057.32.
- On Monday, April 3rd, Matthew Skaruppa sold 5,000 shares of Duolingo stock. The shares were sold at an average price of $142.29, for a total value of $711,450.00.
- On Monday, March 6th, Matthew Skaruppa sold 12,000 shares of Duolingo stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $125.19, for a total value of $1,502,280.00.
- On Wednesday, March 1st, Matthew Skaruppa sold 5,000 shares of Duolingo stock. The shares were sold at an average price of $108.08, for a total value of $540,400.00.
Duolingo Stock Down 1.0 %
DUOL opened at $150.35 on Friday. The company has a quick ratio of 3.65, a current ratio of 3.65 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.04. Duolingo, Inc. has a twelve month low of $64.73 and a twelve month high of $152.68. The company has a market cap of $6.17 billion, a PE ratio of -120.28 and a beta of 0.41. The company has a 50-day moving average price of $135.89 and a 200 day moving average price of $101.48.
Institutional Investors Weigh In On Duolingo
Several institutional investors and hedge funds have recently added to or reduced their stakes in DUOL. HBK Sorce Advisory LLC purchased a new position in shares of Duolingo in the third quarter worth about $30,000. Captrust Financial Advisors lifted its stake in Duolingo by 620.8% in the 1st quarter. Captrust Financial Advisors now owns 555 shares of the company’s stock worth $53,000 after purchasing an additional 478 shares in the last quarter. Lazard Asset Management LLC acquired a new position in shares of Duolingo during the 4th quarter worth approximately $58,000. Nisa Investment Advisors LLC grew its position in shares of Duolingo by 78.1% in the first quarter. Nisa Investment Advisors LLC now owns 570 shares of the company’s stock valued at $81,000 after purchasing an additional 250 shares in the last quarter. Finally, Daiwa Securities Group Inc. increased its holdings in shares of Duolingo by 48.8% in the first quarter. Daiwa Securities Group Inc. now owns 595 shares of the company’s stock valued at $85,000 after purchasing an additional 195 shares during the last quarter. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 63.16% of the company’s stock.
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
A number of equities research analysts have recently commented on DUOL shares. The Goldman Sachs Group raised their price objective on shares of Duolingo from $92.00 to $109.00 and gave the stock a “neutral” rating in a research note on Thursday, March 2nd. Needham & Company LLC raised their price target on shares of Duolingo from $115.00 to $160.00 and gave the company a “buy” rating in a research report on Wednesday, May 10th. Raymond James increased their target price on shares of Duolingo from $109.00 to $117.00 and gave the stock an “outperform” rating in a research note on Wednesday, March 1st. Piper Sandler lifted their price target on Duolingo from $127.00 to $167.00 and gave the company an “overweight” rating in a research note on Wednesday, May 10th. Finally, Barclays upped their price target on Duolingo from $131.00 to $136.00 and gave the stock an “equal weight” rating in a report on Wednesday, May 10th. Two equities research analysts have rated the stock with a hold rating and five have given a buy rating to the company. According to data from MarketBeat.com, the stock presently has an average rating of “Moderate Buy” and a consensus price target of $142.38.
Duolingo Company Profile
Duolingo, Inc develops a language-learning website and mobile app in the United States and China. The company offers courses in 40 different languages, including Spanish, English, French, Japanese, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, and others. It also provides a digital language proficiency assessment exam.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Duolingo (DUOL)
- MarketBeat Week in Review – 5/15 – 5/19
- Applied Materials: Cracks In The Chip Recovery Or Time To Buy?
- Deere & Company Rallies On Farm Equipment Boom, Bullish Outlook
- How Many Roth IRAs Can You Have?
- Why You Should Consider Buying Nvidia Ahead Of Earnings
Receive News & Ratings for Duolingo Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Duolingo and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.