Plymouth Industrial REIT (NYSE:PLYM – Get Free Report) and Big Yellow Group (OTCMKTS:BYLOF – Get Free Report) are both finance companies, but which is the superior stock? We will compare the two companies based on the strength of their valuation, analyst recommendations, earnings, risk, dividends, profitability and institutional ownership.
Plymouth Industrial REIT pays an annual dividend of $0.90 per share and has a dividend yield of 3.9%. Big Yellow Group pays an annual dividend of $0.10 per share and has a dividend yield of 0.7%. Plymouth Industrial REIT pays out -187.5% of its earnings in the form of a dividend. Big Yellow Group pays out 23.0% of its earnings in the form of a dividend. Both companies have healthy payout ratios and should be able to cover their dividend payments with earnings for the next several years. Plymouth Industrial REIT has increased its dividend for 3 consecutive years. Plymouth Industrial REIT is clearly the better dividend stock, given its higher yield and longer track record of dividend growth.
This is a summary of current recommendations and price targets for Plymouth Industrial REIT and Big Yellow Group, as provided by MarketBeat.com.
|Sell Ratings||Hold Ratings||Buy Ratings||Strong Buy Ratings||Rating Score|
|Plymouth Industrial REIT||0||1||3||0||2.75|
|Big Yellow Group||0||1||3||0||2.75|
This table compares Plymouth Industrial REIT and Big Yellow Group’s net margins, return on equity and return on assets.
|Net Margins||Return on Equity||Return on Assets|
|Plymouth Industrial REIT||-7.23%||-3.00%||-0.93%|
|Big Yellow Group||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Valuation & Earnings
This table compares Plymouth Industrial REIT and Big Yellow Group’s revenue, earnings per share (EPS) and valuation.
|Gross Revenue||Price/Sales Ratio||Net Income||Earnings Per Share||Price/Earnings Ratio|
|Plymouth Industrial REIT||$183.54 million||5.57||-$16.89 million||($0.48)||-48.10|
|Big Yellow Group||N/A||N/A||N/A||$0.43||31.45|
Big Yellow Group has lower revenue, but higher earnings than Plymouth Industrial REIT. Plymouth Industrial REIT is trading at a lower price-to-earnings ratio than Big Yellow Group, indicating that it is currently the more affordable of the two stocks.
Insider and Institutional Ownership
92.7% of Plymouth Industrial REIT shares are owned by institutional investors. Comparatively, 53.1% of Big Yellow Group shares are owned by institutional investors. 1.3% of Plymouth Industrial REIT shares are owned by insiders. Strong institutional ownership is an indication that endowments, large money managers and hedge funds believe a stock will outperform the market over the long term.
About Plymouth Industrial REIT
Plymouth Industrial REIT, Inc. (NYSE: PLYM) is a full service, vertically integrated real estate investment company focused on the acquisition, ownership and management of single and multi-tenant industrial properties. Our mission is to provide tenants with cost effective space that is functional, flexible and safe.
About Big Yellow Group
Big Yellow is the UK's brand leader in self storage. Big Yellow now operates from a platform of 108 stores, including 24 stores branded as Armadillo Self Storage. We have a pipeline of 0.9 million sq ft comprising 11 proposed Big Yellow self storage facilities. The current maximum lettable area of the existing platform (including Armadillo) is 6.3 million sq ft. When fully built out the portfolio will provide approximately 7.2 million sq ft of flexible storage space. 99% of our stores and sites by value are held freehold and long leasehold, with the remaining 1% short leasehold. The Group has pioneered the development of the latest generation of self storage facilities, which utilise state of the art technology and are located in high profile, accessible, main road locations. Our focus on the location and visibility of our stores, with excellent customer service, a market-leading online platform, and significant and increasing investment in sustainability, has created in Big Yellow the most recognised brand name in the UK self storage industry.
Receive News & Ratings for Plymouth Industrial REIT Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Plymouth Industrial REIT and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.