Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE:BRK-B – Get Free Report) major shareholder Berkshire Hathaway Inc sold 938,968 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, September 11th. The stock was sold at an average price of $29.59, for a total value of $27,784,063.12. Following the completion of the transaction, the insider now owns 120,013,850 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,551,209,821.50. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Major shareholders that own more than 10% of a company’s stock are required to disclose their sales and purchases with the SEC.
Berkshire Hathaway Inc also recently made the following trade(s):
- On Wednesday, September 13th, Berkshire Hathaway Inc sold 2,893,236 shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $28.39, for a total value of $82,138,970.04.
- On Wednesday, June 28th, Berkshire Hathaway Inc purchased 260,769 shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock. The stock was purchased at an average price of $57.02 per share, for a total transaction of $14,869,048.38.
- On Monday, June 26th, Berkshire Hathaway Inc purchased 638,301 shares of Berkshire Hathaway stock. The stock was purchased at an average price of $57.01 per share, for a total transaction of $36,389,540.01.
Berkshire Hathaway Stock Performance
Shares of NYSE:BRK-B opened at $369.49 on Friday. The business has a 50-day moving average price of $354.06 and a 200 day moving average price of $333.09.
About Berkshire Hathaway
Berkshire Hathaway Inc, through its subsidiaries, engages in the insurance, freight rail transportation, and utility businesses worldwide. It provides property, casualty, life, accident, and health insurance and reinsurance; and operates railroad systems in North America. The company also generates, transmits, stores, and distributes electricity from natural gas, coal, wind, solar, hydroelectric, nuclear, and geothermal sources; operates natural gas distribution and storage facilities, interstate pipelines, liquefied natural gas facilities, and compressor and meter stations; and holds interest in coal mining assets.
- Five stocks we like better than Berkshire Hathaway
- What Investors Must Know About Over-the-Counter (OTC) Stocks
- WeWork Stock Soars: Meme Stock Madness or Mirage?
- Large Cap Stock Definition and How to Invest
- 3 Low-Cost ETFs That Are Crushing SPY
- What is the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA)?
- Shutterstock is the Value Stock they don’t want you to know about
Receive News & Ratings for Berkshire Hathaway Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Berkshire Hathaway and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.