Telephonics To Raise Equity In Mahindra Telephonics From 26% To 49%
01:57 PM, September 4, 2015
Indias Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) has issued approval on August 14 for Mahindra Telephonics Integrated Systems (MTIS) to increase Telephonics Corporations equity stake from 26% to 49%.
Steps are being taken by both the partners to implement the transaction, Mahindra company announced today.
The US$ 16.9 billion Mahindra Group and Telephonics Corporation (USA), a subsidiary of Griffon Corporation, formed their joint venture, Mahindra Telephonics Integrated Systems Ltd. (MTIS) in March 2013. At that time, Mahindra Defence Systems (MDS) took a 74% stake in the JV with Telephonics taking the remaining 26%.
Mahindra Telephonics was the first Defence Aerospace joint venture company to address the growing need for defence electronics & RF Systems in India with a particular focus on airborne radars.
MTIS has a state of the art production facility near Faridabad in Haryana where it currently manufactures airborne weather radars systems.
"We are delighted to announce that MTIS has transitioned successfully into an operational defence electronics company." Mr. S P Shukla, Group President - Aerospace & Defence Sector, Mahindra Group and Chairman of MTIS said.
Mr. Joseph Battaglia, President and Chief Executive Officer, Telephonics Corporation, said, "Telephonics is excited about the growth prospects for the aerospace and defense electronics markets in India. We are committed to our joint venture, MTIS, which is crucial to our continued efforts to expand and service this key growth market with our proven mission critical radar and electronic communications products."
Telephonics Corporation, a subsidiary of Griffon Corporation, launched their joint venture partnership, Mahindra Telephonics Integrated Systems, as the first private sector aerospace and electronics manufacturing facility in India.
The facility represents an important milestone for Indias...
Telephonics Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Griffon Corporation has been awarded a multi-year, full-scale production contract valued in excess of $330M from Lockheed Martin Mission Systems & Sensors. This contract is a...
Telephonics Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Griffon Corporation, announced today that it signed a contract with Lockheed Martin Canada to provide an Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) Interrogator as part of the Halifax Class...