Indian Larsen and Toubro and European MBDA have entered in a joint venture for the development of fifth generation anti-tank guided missiles (ATGMs) in India.
L&T will own 51%in the JV;L&T MBDA Missile Systems. MBDA will own the rest 49% of the shares, PTI reported Monday.
Initially, the JV will eye to develop and supply ATGMs, missiles for coastal batteries and high speed target drones. Going forward the L&T will focus on opportunities in missile and missile systems domain, and target prospects under different categories of defence procurement which has specific requirements for design developed and manufactured in India.
The company has been in India for many years supplying to the Indian defence forces and the JV is a natural progression, MBDA CEO Antoine Bouvier said.
The JV expects to roll out the first product in the next two years. Although it hasn’t finalised on where the missile systems will be manufactured, the company has shortlisted two out of L&T’s nine facilities.
If needed, it is open to considering a new facility. MBDA is jointly owned by AIRBUS Group (37.5%), BAE Systems (37.5%) and Leonardo (25%).
Israel Completes Delivery of First Batch of Spice-2000 Bombs to India
Pentagon Awards Iridium $738.5M for Services in Low Earth Orbit Constellation
Russian MC-21 Airliner Lands in Istanbul After First International Flight
Cruise Missiles Coming From Iran or Iraq Involved in Saudi Oil Facility...
Israel to Modernise Ukrainian MiG-29 Jets for $440M
MiG-35 Shows Off New AESA Radar at MAKS 2019
Su-57’s Technology predecessor, the Su-47 ‘Berkut’ Displayed at MAKS 2019
Russia Unveils its Biggest Ever Drone to Compete with US Global Hawk
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...
Russian state-run Almaz-Antey has released additional data on its latest export-version of Buk-M3 Viking air defense missile system (ADMS)
The MiG-29, one of Russias most exported military jet has been upgraded in India that expands its capabilities from an...