India and Russia have formed a joint venture ‘India-Russia Helicopters’ to manufacture 160 multi-role helicopters for the Indian Air Force (IAF).
India's Ministry of Corporate Affairs incorporated the India-Russia Helicopters Limited Company Tuesday. "This marks the formal creation of the Joint Venture between Hindustan Aeronautics Limited of India and Russian Helicopters and Rosoboronexport of Russia." the Indian Embassy in Russia said in a statement Tuesday.
The venture is a key milestone in the production of Ka-226T helicopters in India with Russian collaboration.
Russia's Rostec Corp will own 49.5 percent stake while India's HAL will own the remaining 50.5 percent in the joint venture.
Under the deal for 200 Kamov Ka-226Ts, 40 will be assembled in India and the remaining 100 will be fully built in India.Further, 60 helicopters will be received in fly-away condition from Russia.
Russian Kalashnikov, which claims to have found a partner in India, is likely to sign agreement this year to launch co-production of AK-100 assault rifles. “The way I see it, we have already identified a partner that looks interested and is capable of doing that
Indias Hindustan Aeronautics Limited and Russian defence firms have finalised the Joint Venture agreement to produce light weight multi-role 'Kamov 226T' helicopters in India. The document is awaiting formal registration with relevant bodies in the respective countries which is likely to take another "month or two", a top Russian defence executive was quoted as saying by
The Indian and Russian defense ministers have signed an agreement for further military-technical co-operation between the two nations. “We note progress in our large projects such as joint construction of Ka-226 helicopters, BrahMos cruise missiles, S-400 Triumph air defense systems,” Russian defense minister Sergei Shoigu was quoted as saying by Sputnik at a meeting of the Indo-Russian Inter Governmental Commission on Military Technical Cooperation (IRIGCMTC) Wednesday
India has signed various defense deals with Russia at Brics summit 2016 today, including the one to buy US$5 billion worth S-400 Triumf anti aircraft weapon system. Russia will start supplying advanced anti-aircraft defense system S-400 Triumph from 2020 to India, according to an agreement signed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin at BRICS Summit,
When Russian President Putin visits India on October 5, he is expected to oversee the signing of defence deals worth an estimated US$10 billion, the single-biggest bunch of defence contracts to be concluded at one time between the two countries. The deals include the US$5
A plan of India and Russia to jointly develop four fifth generation jets has probably been stuck as a report of a committee formed by defense ministry says that the program is costing higher than expected. The committee recently submitted a report on the programme to the ministry to look into the details of the programme between India and Russia
Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Turkish counterpart Tayyip Erdogan have voiced support for the idea to create safe zones or de-escalation zones in Syria during a meeting in Sochi, Russia Wednesday. Both the governments noted that it should lead to further pacification of the parties and to the strengthening of the ceasefire regime
Russian Military to receive 144 S-350 ‘Vityaz’ Air Defense Systems by 2027
Replace ‘Failed’ Russian S-300 in Syria with Chinese Air Defence System: Chinese...
Rheinmetall, Partners Launch Australian Program to Build Robotic Military Vehicle
Lockheed to Integrate Sniper Targeting Pods onto UAE Mirage Jets
Mobile Phone Led Israelis to Destory Pantsir-S Air Defence Battery in Syria
China’s Z-10 Attack Helicopter Upgraded with Powerful Engine
Japan's F-X Stealth Fighter to Rival US' F-22
Russian Shipbuilder Reconfiguring Project 11356 Frigates for Indian Navy
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...