Russia will provide loans worth US$1.375 Billion to help Turkey pay for its purchase of the S-400 surface-to-air missile defence system.
Turkey will pay 45 percent of the cost up front, with Russia providing loans to cover the remaining 55 percent of the deal worth US$2.5 Billion, Sergei Chemezov, head of Russian state conglomerate Rostec, told the Kommersant daily on Dec. 27.
Earlier this year, Turkish President Erdogan had confirmed that his country has paid an advance for the missile defence system, kicking off the acquisition process. However the amount of advance was not made public.
Turkey will have to pay $1.125 Billion as cash for the S-400 purchase (45 per cent of $2.5 billion).
Russia will supply Turkey with four S-400 surface-to-air missile systems under the deal that is almost finalised, Chemezov said. Moscow expects to begin the first deliveries in March 2020, he said.
He said the Russian and Turkish finance ministries had already completed talks on financing the deal and that the final documents just needed to be approved.
Chemezov told Kommersant that Turkey would be the first NATO member state to acquire the a Russian-made S-400 missile system.
Russias newest Pantsyr-ME air defense missile/gun system is expected to be delivered to the Navy is next two years. "It will be tested from next year, first on the land-based stand and then it will be delivered to one of the ships," Almaz Central Marine Design Bureau CEO Alexander Shlyakhtenko told TASS on Tuesday
Russias Strategic Missile Force has tested perspective armament for the RS-12M Topol intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) at the Kapustin Yar practice range in the southern Astrakhan Region. "On December 26, 2017, a combat team of the Strategic Missile Force test-fired an RS-12M Topol intercontinental ballistic missile from the Kapustin Yar state central combined arms training range in the Astrakhan Region," Russias Defense Ministry said Tuesday, TASS reports
Russia is close to finish the development of its Future Strategic Bomber (PAK DA) prototype model that will replace Tu-22M3, Tu-95MS and Tu-60 bombers. "We have already been very close to making the first prototype model," defense and security committee chairman of the Federation Council Viktor Bondarev was quoted as saying by
Russia has completed negotiations with Turkey for the sale of an S-400 air defense missile system, and has agreed to grant loan for the purchase. "All the issues have been resolved and I discussed this theme while literally entering this hall
Russia has sent the second batch of 10 Su-35 fighter jets to China under a 2015 contract to supply 24 fighter jets TASS reported an unnamed source from Russias military and technical cooperation agency. "Another batch of 10 aircraft has been sent to the customer
Transfer of technology and local production may have been included in Turkeys S-400 air defence system purchase agreement with Russia, Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar hinted today. "We are not a country that only buys now, we are a state that creates knowledge and has production opportunities
Turkey could consider buying Sukhoi Su-57 fifth generation fighter jets if the United States abandons a deal to sell F-35 aircraft to Ankara as punishment for procuring
Russia will accelerate the delivery of S-400 missile defense systems to early 2020 upon a request from Ankara. "Turkey expressed a wish to accelerate its implementation and we managed to find the most appropriate solution as we agreed to accelerate the contracts implementation
NATO has received no request from Turkey to integrate its Russian origin S-400 missile defence system with the Pan-Atlantic defence bloc, NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has said. “I am aware that Turkey has made an agreement or they have announced their intention to buy S-400 Russian air defense system
Auxiliary components for S-400 air defense systems being sent from Russia to China have been damaged during shipment by sea near the English Channel, the Russian defense industry cooperation service (FSMTC) said Friday. Sputnik news quoted FSMTC spokeswoman Maria Vorobyeva as stating that ship carrying the components has been caught in a storm while passing the English Channel and was forced to return to Russia
Turkey and Russia have signed a loan agreement for the purchase of S-400 Triumf anti-aircraft weapon systems, TASS reports, citing Haberturk TV channel announcement on Friday. According to Kommersant daily report on December 27, Turkey will pay 45 percent of the cost up front, with Russia providing loans to cover the remaining 55 percent of the deal worth US$2
Schiebel’s Camcopter S-100 Integrated on French Navy's Mistral Carrier
Turkey's ASELSAN Wins $195.7M Sub-systems Contract for Pakistan’s Milgem Frigate
German Army to get 1,500 Spike Missiles
Senegal Orders 3 Armed Piriou Offshore Patrol Vessels
Russia Seeks Customers for 6 Upgraded, Former Indian Air Force Su-30 Fighters
Italian Arms Exports to Pakistan Jump four-folds in 1 year
Indonesia Plans F-16 V Fighter Jets Purchase, Russian Su-35 still on Anvil
Boeing admits Parachute 'Deployment Anomaly' in Spaceflight Abort Test
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...