After sacking some 9000 soldiers linked to the failed 2016 coup, Turkey has launched plans to hire around 40,000 personnel in various ranks of its armed forces.
A military source told Anadolu Agency that the new recruits will include 3,755 officers and 5,375 non-commissioned officers, in addition to the plans to hire 13,213 specialized sergeants and 20,595 contracted rank and file.
The source said a total of 8,565 personnel -- including 150 generals, 4,630 officers, 2,167 non-commissioned officers, 1,210 specialized sergeants and contracted soldiers, and 411 civil servants and workers -- have been expelled for links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) following the July 2016 defeated coup.
To overcome the staff shortages after the expulsions, the ministry hired a total of 15,850 personnel -- including 1,763 officers, 4,135 non-commissioned officers, 3,698 specialized sergeants, 6,162 contracted rank and file, and 92 civil servants.
Turkey and Russia have signed a loan agreement for the purchase of S-400 Triumf anti-aircraft weapon systems, TASS reports, citing Haberturk TV channel announcement on Friday. According to Kommersant daily report on December 27, Turkey will pay 45 percent of the cost up front, with Russia providing loans to cover the remaining 55 percent of the deal worth US$2
Turkey has sold of approximately 400 Ejder Yalçın 4x4 armored combat vehicles, more than a hundred NMS 4x4 light armored vehicles, and weapon systems that are to be placed on these vehicles to Qatar. Within the scope of the contract signed by Turkish defense industry firm Nurol Makina Sanayi (NMS) to satisfy the needs of the Qatar Armed Forces, hundreds of armored vehicles as well as many defense industry products will be exported for the first time, Anadolu Agency reported Sunday
Pictures showing huge concrete blocks being moved along part of Turkeys border with Iran were published on the website of governors office of the eastern province of Agri. Turkey is building a 144-kilometer ‘security wall to stop cross border movements
Turkey is set to open a military training facility that can train more than 1500 troops in the Somali capital Mogadishu. Somali defense minister Abdirashid Abdullahi Mohamed said that the camp which had been under construction for the last two years will open this September,
The Turkish army is using locally-made vehicles, weapons, and ammunition, including helicopters, howitzers and drones, in their ongoing Operation Syrias Afrin region. T-155 Firtina (Storm), a locally-produced self-propelled howitzer, the T-122 Multiple Barrel Rocket Launcher (MRBL), T-129 ATAK helicopters, with its guided air-to-ground CIRIT rockets are among weapons mobilized for the offensive, pro-government
India Approves $2.4B Sale of two dozen MH-60R Choppers
Russia's Ansat Helicopter Certified for Sale in China
Martyr Status for Chinese Medical Workers Dying of Coronavirus
Syrian Air Defence “wastes” Projectiles by Inaccurate Fire at Israeli Missiles
Indonesia Seeks Rafale Jets, Submarines, Warships in Defence Cooperation Deal with France
Mobile Phone Led Israelis to Destory Pantsir-S Air Defence Battery in Syria
GA-ASI Demos Multi-Domain Operations Using Gray Eagle ER Drone
China’s Z-10 Attack Helicopter Upgraded with Powerful Engine
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...