The Indian Defense Ministry has received six bids for the Request for Information for the manufacture of 110 fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force.
The deadline for the RFI issued in April ended on 6 July. Lockheed Martin F-16, Saab Gripen, Boeing F-18, Dassault Rafale, Eurofighter Typhoon and Russian MiG-35 are the bidders, the Hindu quoted unnamed officials as saying Monday.
“The bids will be evaluated after which the IAF will issue the Request For Proposal (RFP) with the exact specifications of the aircraft to be procured. The RFP is expected by early next year,” an official source said.
According to the RFI, India intends to purchase a maximum of 15 percent of the total 110 fighters in fly away condition and manufacture the rest 85 percent under the Make in India program, the RFI issued on Friday read.
The MoD has specified that about 75 percent of the 110 aircraft will be single seat fighters while the rest will be twin seater aircraft.
The document also specified that the OEMs are requested to convey with clarity, their Transfer of Technology (ToT) offer for indigenous manufacture of the aircraft in India.
The total cost of the procurement could be between $15 billion to $20 billion dollars.
An Indian Air Force Sukhoi Su-30MKI fighter jet crashed early this morning on a test flight. Both pilots ejected safely before the plane crashed
The Indian Air Force has test fired an Israeli Derby Air-to-Air Beyond Visual Range (BVR) Missile from its domestically grown Light Combat Aircraft (LCA), Tejas to demonstrate safe operation of the aircraft during missile plume ingestion into the aircraft engine under worst case scenarios. The missile was launched from LCA Tejas from the firing range off the Goa coast
The Indian Air Force will soon initiate the process of acquiring over 100 jets worth over INR 1.25 lakh crore (US$ 19 billion) from the global aircraft manufacturers around DefExpo 2018, to address shortage of combat airplanes
The Indian Air force has committed to buy 324 indigenously-built Tejas Light Combat aircraft (LCA), which also includes 201 upgraded versions of the aircraft, to make up for the fast-depleting number of fighter squadrons. According to a report by Times of India, IAF has “firmly committed” to 123 Tejas jets at present, which will come at a cost of over INR 75,000 crore (US$ 11
Indian airports in New Delhi and Mumbai will soon get semi-robotic aircraft towing vehicle system, ‘Taxibot manufactured by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI). Israel Aerospace Industries has signed an agreement with India's KSU for operation of the aircraft towing system at the airports in New Delhi and Mumbai and will be delivered to the airports in two stages,
Navantia Out; Naval Group, Saab and TKMS in $3B Dutch Walrus Replacement...
With No Foreign Patents, 500 Russian Arms Copied Abroad
Wind Tunnel Tests of Sino-Russian CRAIC CR929 Mockup Complete
AM General To Modernize Jordanian Fleet of 200 Humvee Vehicles
Germany To Finalise Order for 38 Eurofighter Jets, 110 E-Scan Radars
Turkish Navy to get First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier in 2020
Bechtel Bags US Navy's $1.4Bn Naval Nuclear Propulsion Components Contract
Su-57 Performs 16 Flights with New, Powerful Engine
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...