The Düsseldorf-based high-tech group Rheinmetall with its Swiss subsidiary Rheinmetall Air Defence has won an order for additional Fieldguard 3 military measurement systems, from an unspecified Brazilian defence contractor.
Fieldguard is an active fire control system whose special sensors enable it to measure the trajectory of projectiles, thus assuring maximum precision when engaging targets.
A current customer is expanding its capacity by two more systems, with Rheinmetall serving as a subcontractor to Brazil’s Avibras, the general contractor under an existing framework agreement. The new order, booked in March 2019, is worth a figure in the low double-digit million-euro range, the company said in a press release Friday.
The programme was taken up in 2012 in partnership with Avibras of Brazil in order to realize the ASTROS 2020 multiple rocket launcher system. The Fieldguard 3 measurement system can cover ranges of up to 100 kilometres.
Rheinmetall is set to deliver ROSY Smoke Obscurant Systems to two NATO members states- Belgium and Portugal. 126 systems will be delivered to Spanish defence contractor URO Vehículos Especiales S
Rheinmetall has won a €109 million ($123 million) contract to supply German military Bundeswehr for artillery shells. The framework contract encompasses the supply of over 32,000 rounds, with an option for a further 11,000 worth around €37 million, the company said in a statement
Rheinmetall has won a CAD 57 million major support contract from government of Canada pertaining to Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, and Reconnaissance (ISTAR). The contract will take place over the next five years and will be expensed using a task mechanism over this period
Brazilian Air Force (FAB) has formally received the first of its 28 ordered Embraer KC-390 multi-mission aircraft, set to replace Brazil's ageing fleet of C-130 Hercules planes. The KC-390 was developed as a joint project between the FAB and Embraer after Brazil sealed a deal for 28 Embraer aircraft and initial logistical support in 2014
European company MBDA has won a €200 million contract to supply 100 Meteor air-to-air missiles to be equipped on Brazilian Gripen NG fighters. The aircraft are expected to be commissioned by the Brazilian Air Force in 2021 or 2022
Rheinmetall has unveiled the rescue variant of its Mission Master unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) at the CANSAC-2019 exhibition in Ottawa, Canada. The Mission Master is a modular unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) that facilitates recovery of injured troops without compromising the operators safety, along with many other dangerous, dirty, and dull (DDD) tasks
Rheinmetal and FRAEN Corporation have set up a joint venture, "Rheinmetall Fraen Fuzes LLC" to develop and produce military fuzes. Rheinmetall will hold a 51% share in the new company, with the remaining 49% held by FRAEN Corp, the company said in a statement Monday
Mitsubishi SpaceJet Delivery Could be Delayed by a Year
Pakistan Army Gets New EW, Ground Surveillance Radar Facility
Nearly 3 Dozen US Personnel Diagnosed with Brain Injury Post Iran Strike
Longbow to Support Apache's Fire Control Radars of S.Korea, Taiwan, Saudi, UAE,...
Algeria In Talks With Russia for a Dozen Su-57 Jets
Junked Railway Rake Mistook for Indian ICBM
France “Obstructing” Turkey-Eurosam Missile Defence System Project: Turkish Official
Turkey All But Gives up on F-35 Jet Deal, Seeks Alternatives
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...