US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper enacted a 60-day stop movement order for all DoD uniformed and civilian personnel and their sponsored family members overseas.
This stop movement order will impact exercises, deployments, redeployments and other global force management activities. Approximately 90,000 Service Members slated to deploy or redeploy over the next 60 days will likely be impacted by this stop movement order.
“This measure is taken to aid in further prevention of the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), to protect U.S. personnel and preserve the operational readiness of our global force,” a Pentagon release said Tuesday.
The order builds upon previously enacted movement restrictions governing foreign travel, permanent change of station moves, temporary duty and personal leave.
Embedded within the order are mechanisms by which exceptions can be granted. Authorized exceptions to the order include:
Travel by patients and medical providers for the purposes of medical treatment for DoD personnel and their families.
Scheduled deployments / redeployments of U.S. navy vessels and embarked units, provided they are in transit for 14 days and have met the restriction of movement (ROM) requirements associated with current force health protection guidance.
Individuals who have already initiated travel. Individuals whose TDY ends while this order is in effect are authorized to return to their home station.
Currently, this order is not expected to impact the continued drawdown of U.S. forces from Afghanistan, which is scheduled to be complete within 135 days following the signed agreement.
Meanwhile, a US Marine stationed at the Pentagon was tested positive for Coronavirus Tuesday and has been isolated, a release said.
In the aftermath of the Yemeni attack on Saudi oil fields, the Pentagon has announced deployment of Patriot air defense system, Sentinel radars, as well as station 200 additional troops in Saudi Arabia. "In light of recent attacks on the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and at their invitation US will deploy one Patriot battery, four Sentinel RADARs and approximately 200 support personnel,” Secretary of Defense Mark T
The United States will open negotiations with South Korea in a bid to seek increase in Seouls contribution to cost-sharing for the troops. The earlier agreement signed in 2014 will expire on December 31 this year
Estonia Receives 128 Raytheon Javelin Anti-tank Missiles
Saab to Supply Water-bombing Aircraft to Sweden
Boeing Preparing KC-46 Aerial Tanker for Autonomous Refueling
US Navy Orders 3 More Boeing MQ-25 Stingray Aerial Refueling Drones
Chinese Military Docs Develop Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccine
Russia’s Buk-M3 Air Defense System to Debut at Victory Day Parade
China Replaces Russian Engine in J-10C Jet With Locally-made WS-10 Taihang
Venezuelan Maritime Patrol Boat Sinks After Collision With Portuguese Cruise Ship
After laying to rest its pacifist post-World War II posture since the government of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe came to...
China is pulling off the impossible- selling arms to nations it is in conflict with over its claim in the...
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...