A total of nine consortia comprising of international shipbuilding companies and system suppliers have bid for the Brazilian Navy's "Tamandare" Class Corvettes project the shortlist of which is expected on August 27.
Another stage of tender process ended on 18 of last month. the Directorate of the Naval Program Management (Diretoria de Gestão de Programas da Marinha, DGePM) of Brazilian Navy together with the State Enterprise of the Navy Project Management EMGEPRON (Empresa Gerencial de Projetos Navais) have announced on the end of the bidding process for the companies which were accredited to participate, Ukrinmash said in a statement Tuesday.
The list of consortia that bid for the construction of four “Tamandaré” class corvettes for Brazilian Navy includes;
- “ÁGUAS AZUIS” - ATECH Negócios em Tecnologias S.A, Еmbraer SA and ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems GmbH, with the following contractors: Aeroespacial e Defesa S.A, Фонд EZUTE, OCEANA Shipyard SA, Omnisys Engenharia Ltda, SKM Electro Electronics Ltd and WEG Electrical Equipment SA;
- “FLV” - FINCANTIERI S.p.A, LEONARDO S.p.A and VARD PROMAR S.A., with the following subcontractors: Fund EZUTE and ARES Aeroespacial e Defesa S.A.;
- BAE Systems, CONSUB Defense Technology S.A. and MAC LAREN Oil Shipyard Ltda;
- State Enterprise UKRINMASH, THALES and AMRJ (Navy Brazilia Arsenal – Ship repairing plant in Rio de Janeiro);
- “VILLEGAGNON” - NAVAL GROUP, ENSEADA Indústria Naval S.A and MECTRON S.A.;
- “DAMEN SAAB Tamandaré” - DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding B.V і SAAB AB, with the following contractors: CONSUB Defesa e Tecnologia S.A, WEG equipamentos elétricos S.A (electric equipment) and WILSON SONS Shipyard Ltda;
- GOA Shipyard Limited, INDÚSTRIA NAVAL DO CEARÁ (INACE), Fund EZUTE and SKM Eletro Eletrônica Ltda;
- GRSE - Garden Research Shipbuilder Engineers, ELBIT Systems Ltd and SINERGY Group Corporate;
- STM, BRASFELS Shipyard Ltd., Fund EZUTE, THALES and Omnisys Engenharia Ltda.
Saab and Damen Naval Shipbuilding are partnering to compete for the Brazilian Navys corvettes contract. The partnership will supply four Tamandaré Class Corvettes (CCT) for the Brazilian Navy contest
Saab has unveiled a 5000 square-meter facility in Sao Paulo, Brazil for its future Gripen fighter jet aerostructures plant. Saab Aeronáutica Montagens (SAM) will produce aerostructures for the Brazilian Gripen fighter and is preparing to become part of Saab´s global supply chain, the company said in a statement Wednesday
The largest British warship, the former Royal Navy flagship HMS Ocean (L12), has been decommissioned during a ceremony Tuesday aboard the amphibious ship at the RNs Devonport Naval Base, with plans for the Brazilian Navy to take possession of the ship in June 2018. Last month, the British government announced it had inked a deal with Brazil, which agreed to pay about $118 million to buy the Royal Navy amphibious warship
CAE USA has been awarded a US Navy contract to provide the Brazilian Navy with a comprehensive S-70B Seahawk helicopter training system. CAE will design and manufacture two S-70B training devices: a fixed-base S-70B operational flight trainer (OFT) to be used for pilot training along with an S-70B weapons tactics trainer (WTT) to be used for training rear-crew sensor operators and airborne tactics officers
AVA Group to Safeguard Indian Defense Ministry’s Closed User Group Data Network...
Indo-Russian S-400 Deal Likely before Putin’s India Visit Next Month
Huntington Ingalls Wins $104 Million for US Nuclear Submarine Services
Lockheed Martin Introduces Mission Planning System That Connects Systems And Assets Across...
Bharat Electronics Receives INR9200 Crore ($1.8Billion) Order for Naval LRSAM
Lockheed Martin, KAI Submit Final Proposal for USAF T-X Program
Argentina Finally Makes Payment For Five Dassault Super Etendard Strike Aircraft
Israel Air Force Considering Boeing F-15 over Additional F-35 Fighter Jets
Russian fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) Su-57 will for the first time perform flights during the ARMY 2018 event near...
The American-made Patriot and Russian S-400 Triumf air defense systems are currently hogging international orders despite their price tags running...
The Russian ministry of defense on Thursday published a series of videos showcasing the production, deployment and installation and testing...
The market for fighter jets in countries which are expected to have open competitions is estimated at US$50 billion to...
The Indian MoD's plan to purchase 110 fighter jets may be its costliest fighter jet buy ever with the entire...
Indias plans of integrating the MBDAs meteor missile on its LCA Tejas and Su-30MKI aircraft may not happen due to...