Final Approval For Indo-Russian JV To Manufacture 200 Ka-226T Choppers

  • Our Bureau
  • 02:27 PM, April 6, 2017
  • 2215
Final Approval For Indo-Russian JV To Manufacture 200 Ka-226T Choppers
Ka-226T helicopters (Image: Russian Helicopters)

Russia and India have formally approved a joint venture between Russian Helicopters and Hindustan Aeronautics (HAL) for the manufacture of 200 Kamov-226T helicopters.

The Russian Presidential office has given a final approval to the $1 billion inter-governmental agreement after reservations from New Delhi over cost sharing, Indian Express quoted Indian defense ministry sources as saying Wednesday.

The agreement to manufacture the helicopters in India was finalized at the Indo-Russian Summit in Goa in October last year.

India in March this year, finalized the roadmap to co-produce the helicopters. According to the roadmap, Russian Rostec will own 49.5% stake in the new entity and Indian HAL will own remaining 50.5%. The Indian MoD is still to issue a single vendor tender for the helicopters which will then submit its technical and commercial proposal in six months.

As per the deal, India will buy 60 helicopters in fly-away condition from Russia while another 40 will be assembled in India and the remaining 100 fully built in India.

Also Read

Single-Vendor Tender For Indo-Russian JV To Supply Ka-226T Helicopters

March 31, 2017 @ 02:50 PM

Russian Helicopters' Plant To Produce India's Ka-226T Helicopters To Speed Up Delivery...

December 27, 2016 @ 10:27 AM

Russian Helicopter To Display Mi-171A2, Ansat and Ka-226T rotorcraft At Iran's Airshow...

November 15, 2016 @ 10:14 AM

HAL-Russian Helicopters Working on Improving KA-226T “Technical Concept”

June 5, 2016 @ 07:22 AM

India-Russia Discussing Joint Venture Company For Ka-226T Manufacture

March 27, 2016 @ 12:21 PM

Russian Ka-226T Helicopter Certified for Hot Weather Operation

March 21, 2018 @ 10:35 AM

Russian Helicopters, HAL To Sign $1 Billion Deal To Produce Shipborne Ka-226Ts...

January 11, 2018 @ 03:23 PM

India, Russia to Sign Mi-171A2 Helicopter Delivery Contract During Dubai Airshow

November 13, 2017 @ 11:49 AM

Russian Helicopters to Press India for KA-226T Chopper Contract, Manufacturing Facility

October 30, 2017 @ 06:38 PM

Russian Helicopters’ Ka-226T Clears Iranian High-temperature Tests

September 13, 2017 @ 01:23 PM

Russia May Prepone Supply of Ka-226T Helicopters to India

August 29, 2017 @ 01:48 PM
FEATURES/INTERVIEWS