Rheinmetall Creates JV With Rohde & Schwarz To Bid For Germany’s Digitization Projects

  • Our Bureau
  • 01:09 PM, September 18, 2017
  • 2965
Rheinmetall Creates JV With Rohde & Schwarz To Bid For Germany’s Digitization Projects
Rheinmetall Creates JV With Rohde

Rheinmetall have signed an agreement with Rohde & Schwarz to create a joint venture in order to bid together for Germany’s two major mobile tactical communications and network programs.

Rheinmetall- Rohde & Schwarz joint venture which is still pending anti-trust approval, will be bidding for two Bundeswehr procurement programmes: MoTaKo (Mobile Taktische Kommunikation) or mobile tactical communication), and MoTIV (Mobiler Taktischer Informationsverbund) or mobile tactical information network.

Rheinmetall will hold a 74.9% share in the new company, with the remaining 25.1% held by Rohde & Schwarz.

In this vital project, the joint venture plans to draw on the expertise and solutions of additional partners in order to put forward the best-possible proposal with regard to capabilities and competitiveness, while taking due account of national confidentiality and security imperatives.

As digital services for mobile elements, MoTaKo and MoTIV are the German Army’s principal modernization projects for ground operations, with Bundeswehr’s entire communication system and thousands of vehicles earmarked for retrofitting in the medium term; the scope of applications extends from tactical operation centres down to the individual infantryman on the ground.

In the new joint venture company, Rheinmetall will be responsible for the command systems, the cross-functional operator interface and the complete vehicle integration process. Drawing on its core competency of secure communication, Rohde & Schwarz is in charge of the complete architecture, including IT and cyber security as well as the IP-based system solution for robust, military voice and data transmission, including incorporation of components and solutions from other contractors

Also Read

Rheinmetall To Deliver 'Skyguard' Air Defense Hardware To Two Foreign Customers

July 25, 2017 @ 11:04 AM

Rheinmetall Wins €900M Contract To Replace German Army's KAT-I Tactical Trucks

July 6, 2017 @ 11:44 AM

Rheinmetall To Modernize Bundeswehr’s Boxer Command Vehicles

July 4, 2017 @ 12:22 PM

Rheinmetall Wins €370 Million Order To Supply Soldier Systems To Germany

June 28, 2017 @ 01:10 PM

Rheinmetall, Rohde & Schwarz JV launched, will bid German Army Digitization Program

October 30, 2018 @ 06:16 PM

Eurofighter Front-runner in German Bid to Replace Tornado Fighters

December 12, 2017 @ 07:29 AM

Rheinmetall Unveils New Version of Laser Aiming and Illuminating Device

December 7, 2017 @ 09:21 AM

German Army Orders 120mm MBT Practice Ammo for the First Time

November 4, 2017 @ 07:47 AM

Germany Signs Submarines Deal With Israel

October 24, 2017 @ 03:51 PM

Rheinmetall Hires Former US DoD Official as Senior Vice President for American...

September 22, 2017 @ 11:56 AM
FEATURES/INTERVIEWS