Turkey, Russia Sign Loan Agreement for S-400 Missile System Sale

  • Our Bureau
  • 12:35 PM, December 29, 2017
  • 6079
Turkey, Russia Sign Loan Agreement for S-400 Missile System Sale
Turkey, Russia Sign Loan Agreement for S-400 Missile System Sale

Turkey and Russia have signed a loan agreement for the purchase of S-400 Triumf anti-aircraft weapon systems, TASS reports, citing Haberturk TV channel announcement on Friday.

According to Kommersant daily report on December 27, Turkey will pay 45 percent of the cost up front, with Russia providing loans to cover the remaining 55 percent of the deal worth US$2.5 Billion.

Earlier this year, Turkish President Erdogan had confirmed that his country has paid an advance for the missile defence system, kicking off the acquisition process.

Turkey will have to pay $1.125 Billion as cash for the S-400 purchase (45 per cent of $2.5 billion).

Russia will supply Turkey with four S-400 surface-to-air missile systems under the deal that is almost finalised, General Director of state corporation Rostec Sergey Chemezov said. Moscow expects to begin the first deliveries in March 2020, he said.

S-400 Triumf is a long-range anti-aircraft missile system, adopted in service in 2007. It is intended for the destruction of aviation, cruise and ballistic missiles, including medium range, and can be used against ground targets.

Also Read

Russia to Advance $1.375 Billion Loan to Turkey for S-400 Missile System

December 27, 2017 @ 11:24 AM

Russia Agrees To Grant Loan For Turkey’s S-400 Missile System Deal

December 22, 2017 @ 01:03 PM

Turkey Completes Purchase of S-400 Air Defense System from Russia

November 12, 2017 @ 10:10 AM

Russian Troops Arming Themselves with S-400 Air Defence Systems

November 8, 2017 @ 08:51 AM

Tech Transfer, Local Production in Turkey’s S-400 Deal With Russia

October 25, 2018 @ 11:35 AM

Turkey Could Evaluate Russian Su-57 Aircraft if US Blocks F-35 Sale

May 28, 2018 @ 08:32 AM

Russia to Accelerate S-400 Missile Systems Delivery to Turkey

March 12, 2018 @ 11:45 AM

Turkey Promotes Homemade Autonomous Attack Drone ‘Kamikaza’ To Saudi Arabia At AFED...

February 28, 2018 @ 01:07 PM

No Request from Turkey to Integrate S-400 Missile Defence System with NATO:...

February 23, 2018 @ 12:29 PM

Turkish Firms to Manufacture S-400 Components in Second Contract Planned with Russia

February 14, 2018 @ 12:43 PM
FEATURES/INTERVIEWS