A total of nine consortia comprising of international shipbuilding companies and system suppliers have bid for the Brazilian Navy's "Tamandare" Class Corvettes project the shortlist of which is expected on August 27.
Another stage of tender process ended on 18 of last month. the Directorate of the Naval Program Management (Diretoria de Gestão de Programas da Marinha, DGePM) of Brazilian Navy together with the State Enterprise of the Navy Project Management EMGEPRON (Empresa Gerencial de Projetos Navais) have announced on the end of the bidding process for the companies which were accredited to participate, Ukrinmash said in a statement Tuesday.
The list of consortia that bid for the construction of four “Tamandaré” class corvettes for Brazilian Navy includes;
- “ÁGUAS AZUIS” - ATECH Negócios em Tecnologias S.A, Еmbraer SA and ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems GmbH, with the following contractors: Aeroespacial e Defesa S.A, Фонд EZUTE, OCEANA Shipyard SA, Omnisys Engenharia Ltda, SKM Electro Electronics Ltd and WEG Electrical Equipment SA;
- “FLV” - FINCANTIERI S.p.A, LEONARDO S.p.A and VARD PROMAR S.A., with the following subcontractors: Fund EZUTE and ARES Aeroespacial e Defesa S.A.;
- BAE Systems, CONSUB Defense Technology S.A. and MAC LAREN Oil Shipyard Ltda;
- State Enterprise UKRINMASH, THALES and AMRJ (Navy Brazilia Arsenal – Ship repairing plant in Rio de Janeiro);
- “VILLEGAGNON” - NAVAL GROUP, ENSEADA Indústria Naval S.A and MECTRON S.A.;
- “DAMEN SAAB Tamandaré” - DAMEN Schelde Naval Shipbuilding B.V і SAAB AB, with the following contractors: CONSUB Defesa e Tecnologia S.A, WEG equipamentos elétricos S.A (electric equipment) and WILSON SONS Shipyard Ltda;
- GOA Shipyard Limited, INDÚSTRIA NAVAL DO CEARÁ (INACE), Fund EZUTE and SKM Eletro Eletrônica Ltda;
- GRSE - Garden Research Shipbuilder Engineers, ELBIT Systems Ltd and SINERGY Group Corporate;
- STM, BRASFELS Shipyard Ltd., Fund EZUTE, THALES and Omnisys Engenharia Ltda.
Saab and Damen Naval Shipbuilding are partnering to compete for the Brazilian Navys corvettes contract. The partnership will supply four Tamandaré Class Corvettes (CCT) for the Brazilian Navy contest
Saab has unveiled a 5000 square-meter facility in Sao Paulo, Brazil for its future Gripen fighter jet aerostructures plant. Saab Aeronáutica Montagens (SAM) will produce aerostructures for the Brazilian Gripen fighter and is preparing to become part of Saab´s global supply chain, the company said in a statement Wednesday
The largest British warship, the former Royal Navy flagship HMS Ocean (L12), has been decommissioned during a ceremony Tuesday aboard the amphibious ship at the RNs Devonport Naval Base, with plans for the Brazilian Navy to take possession of the ship in June 2018. Last month, the British government announced it had inked a deal with Brazil, which agreed to pay about $118 million to buy the Royal Navy amphibious warship
CAE USA has been awarded a US Navy contract to provide the Brazilian Navy with a comprehensive S-70B Seahawk helicopter training system. CAE will design and manufacture two S-70B training devices: a fixed-base S-70B operational flight trainer (OFT) to be used for pilot training along with an S-70B weapons tactics trainer (WTT) to be used for training rear-crew sensor operators and airborne tactics officers
A team comprising Embraer, Altech, thysenkrupp, Emgepron besides Águas Azuis, signed a contract with the Brazilian Navy on March 5 in Rio de Janeiro for building four Tamandaré Class Ships, with deliveries scheduled between 2025 and 2028. The construction will take place in Brazil, in Itajaí, Santa Catarina State, and is expected to have local content rates above 30% for the first vessel and 40% for the others
The Brazilian Navy will receive its first Scorpene-class submarine Riachuelo S-40 at the Itaguaí Naval Complex in Rio. Brazilian shipyard Itaguaí Construções Navais (ICN), a subsidiary of Naval Group and Odebarecht delivered the submarine to the Brazilian Navy on Friday
Tests of Russia’s S-500 Launcher in Final Stage
L3-Harris, Raytheon Net $1B for Anti-Jam SATCOM Software
Indonesia to Order 79 Additional Russian BT-3F Armored Vehicles
Raytheon Bags S.Korea’s RAM Guided Missile Deal
Chinese Military Docs Develop Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Vaccine
Turkish Drone Strike Destroys Syrian Army’s Pantsir-S1 Air Defense System
China Replaces Russian Engine in J-10C Jet With Locally-made WS-10 Taihang
Syria Destroys 6 Turkish Combat Drones, Turkish F-16s Down 2 Syrian Su-24
China is pulling off the impossible- selling arms to nations it is in conflict with over its claim in the...
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...