Boeing and Embraer are in talks to set up an assembly line for the production of KC-390 cargo jets in the United States.
The two aircraft manufacturers announced a deal for sales and services partnership on the new KC-390 jets through a separate defense venture that they said was likely to eventually receive a joint investment in July, Reuters reported quoting Brazilian news daily Valor Economico Monday.
The two planemakers announced a deal to give Boeing an 80 percent stake in Embraer’s commercial aircraft arm, marking the biggest realignment in the global aerospace market in decades.
According to the report on Monday, which did not detail how the paper obtained the information, the two companies intend to create a defense-related joint venture to install the factory, which would be the second to produce the plane.
Such a partnership would give Boeing a newly designed, US-built tactical transport plane to sell directly against rival Lockheed Martin’s workhorse Hercules C130.
Boeing and Embraer today announced they have signed a MoU to set up a joint venture comprising the commercial aircraft business of Embraer that would strategically align with Boeings commercial development, production, marketing and lifecycle services operations. Under the terms of the agreement, Boeing will hold an 80 percent ownership stake in the joint venture and Embraer will own the remaining 20 percent stake
Boeing and Embraer have prepared contracts of their proposed tie-up and are expected to submit them to the Brazilian government within two weeks, Brazilian newspaper reported. The proposed merger, which would need the go-ahead from the Brazilian government, would leave Boeing as the majority partner, according to Valor Economico report on its website Monday
An Embraer A-29 Super Tucano aircraft crashed during light attack experiment killing a US Navy pilot over the White Sands Missile Range near Holloman Air Force Base, N.M, last Friday
Lebanon has received the final four of six A-29 Super Tucano aircraft from Sierra Nevada Corp and Embraer. The delivery comes two months ahead of schedule and completes the original order of six aircraft
The Portuguese Government and Embraer yesterday signed a contract for the acquisition of five multi-mission airlifters Embraer KC-390 whose delivery will start in 2023. Additionally, services and support and a flight simulator are included in the contract as part of the process to modernize Portuguese Air Force capabilities to support national Armed Forces operations and increase readiness in missions of public interest
The Brazilian government has filed its first written submission to the dispute settlement panel at the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva. The Panel is examining more than $4 billion in subsidies that Bombardier received from the Governments of Canada and Quebec
Embraer has completed Troop unloading, evacuation by hatch and evacuation tests through the front and rear doors of the KC-390 airlift. The tests were held at Brasília Air Force Base, Brazil
Embraer has completed the maiden flight of the first series production multi-mission medium airlift KC-390. As agreed with the Brazilian Air Force, the aircraft will now join the flight test campaign, in which more than 1,900 flight hours have already been logged
US Designates Lockheed's New Solid State Radar as AN/SPY-7(V)1
Fighter Jets to land, take off from New Chinese Carrier
Rheinmetall, Thales Modernize Tiger Helicopter Simulators
Basic Operational Clearance, User Trials of HAL’s HTT 40 Trainer Aircraft Soon
Bangladesh to Buy Fighter Jets, Apache Gunships & Missile Systems from US
India's Tejas Mk2 in Final Trials
Russia Seeks Customers for 6 Upgraded, Former Indian Air Force Su-30 Fighters
Italian Arms Exports to Pakistan Jump four-folds in 1 year
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...