The Portuguese Government and Embraer yesterday signed a contract for the acquisition of five multi-mission airlifters Embraer KC-390 whose delivery will start in 2023.
Additionally, services and support and a flight simulator are included in the contract as part of the process to modernize Portuguese Air Force capabilities to support national Armed Forces operations and increase readiness in missions of public interest.
The aircraft fully meets the requirements of the Portuguese Air Force, being able to perform different types of military and civilian missions including, humanitarian support, medical evacuation, search and rescue, and firefighting, superior cargo and troops transport, aerial delivery and aerial refueling capabilities.
“The KC-390 will meet Portugal's operational needs, ensuring the ability to integrate with allied nations for decades to come”, said Jackson Schneider, President and CEO of Embraer Defense & Security. "This contract strengthens the industrial partnership between Portugal and Embraer, contributing to the development of the engineering and aeronautics industry in Portugal."
The KC-390 has received its Civil Certification from the Brazilian National Aviation Agency (ANAC) in 2018 and is now in full serial production. Entry into service is expected to occur in the 3rd quarter of 2019 with the Brazilian Air Force (FAB), with follow-on deliveries to occur throughout the year.
The Portuguese government has placed an order for 5 Embraer KC-390 military transport aircraft, deliveries of which are scheduled to begin in 2023. “The Portuguese KC-390 will meet new interoperability requirements, in the areas of secure navigation, data and voice transmission that will allow the KC-390 to integrate joint operations in multinational alliances in which Portugal is integrated,” said Jackson Schneider, President and CEO of Embraer Defense & Security
Lockheed Martin C130J and Airbus A400 may find their way into Portugals plans to acquire military transport aircraft if the nation decides to abandon Embraer KC-390 purchase due to high pricing. The Chief of Portuguese Air Force General Staff (CEMFA) General Manuel Rolo said in the parliament on Wednesday that the state does not want to see beyond 830 million euros ($945 million)
Embraer has completed Troop unloading, evacuation by hatch and evacuation tests through the front and rear doors of the KC-390 airlift. The tests were held at Brasília Air Force Base, Brazil
Boeing and Embraer are in talks to set up an assembly line for the production of KC-390 cargo jets in the United States. The two aircraft manufacturers announced a deal for sales and services partnership on the new KC-390 jets through a separate defense venture that they said was likely to eventually receive a joint investment in July,
A scientific and technological cooperation between Embraer and the Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo (Ufes), in the areas of autonomous robotics and artificial intelligence resulted in the first test of an autonomous aircraft in Brazil. Ufes is a self-governing institution connected to Brazils Ministry of Education (MEC)
Boeing and Embraer are preparing to launch a joint venture to promote and develop markets for the multi-mission medium airlift KC-390 while expecting all regulatory approvals for their commercial joint venture by 2020. Under the terms of the proposed partnership, Embraer will own a 51 percent stake in the joint venture and Boeing will own the remaining 49 percent
France tests nEURON stealth combat drone with Rafale Jet, AWACS Aircraft
Indian Diplomacy Triumphs over US's Anti-Russia Sanctions Threat
GA-ASI tests Air-To-Space Lasercom System for Military Drones
First Radar Antenna for US Army’s LTAMDS to defeat Hypersonic Threats Built...
Mobile Phone Led Israelis to Destory Pantsir-S Air Defence Battery in Syria
China’s Z-10 Attack Helicopter Upgraded with Powerful Engine
Russia Developing New Attack Helicopter ‘Airborne Combat Vehicle’
Leonardo Delivers First 2 C-27J Transport to Kenya Air Force
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...