Boeing and Embraer are preparing to launch a joint venture to promote and develop markets for the multi-mission medium airlift KC-390 while expecting all regulatory approvals for their commercial joint venture by 2020.
Under the terms of the proposed partnership, Embraer will own a 51 percent stake in the joint venture and Boeing will own the remaining 49 percent. Two KC-390 milestones were recently achieved by Embraer: the first KC-390 was delivered to the Brazilian Air Force, and the first international purchase was announced by Portugal.
In addition, planning has commenced to create a joint venture made up of the commercial aircraft operations of Embraer in which the Boeing will own 80 percent of a new company to be named Boeing Brasil – Commercial while Embraer will hold the remaining 20 percent.
The transaction remains subject to regulatory approval; the two companies are actively engaged with authorities in relevant jurisdictions and have obtained a number of regulatory approvals. Following a detailed assessment by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, the parties' strategic partnership has received clearance to close in the United States.
The European Commission recently indicated it will open a Phase II assessment in its review of the transaction, and Boeing and Embraer look forward to assisting with that review. Based on this development, however, the companies now expect the transaction to close in early 2020.
The comprehensive Boeing-Embraer strategic partnership, embodied through these two joint ventures, will position the companies to compete in the global marketplace, to deliver greater value to customers, and to boost the Brazilian aerospace industry as a whole.
Turkish Navy to get First Indigenous Aircraft Carrier in 2020
Egypt Cold to US Sanctions Threat Over $2B Su-35 Jets Buy
Mongolia’s First Ever Fighter Jets-Two MiG-29s, To Arrive on Nov 26
Japan Orders Lockheed Solid State Radar SPY-7 Sets for Aegis Ashore
Russia Seeks Customers for 6 Upgraded, Former Indian Air Force Su-30 Fighters
Italian Arms Exports to Pakistan Jump four-folds in 1 year
Indonesia Plans F-16 V Fighter Jets Purchase, Russian Su-35 still on Anvil
Boeing admits Parachute 'Deployment Anomaly' in Spaceflight Abort Test
Several joint production and direct procurement programs could be halted if the US and Europe carry through with their threat...
Sanctions-hit Iran has found ingenious ways to develop military hardware
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is rapidly permeating the defence industry to aid and improve human decision-making
Upgrade of Russias Sukhoi Su-30SM fighters to equip them with armaments, radar, sensors and engines from the more powerful Su-35...
US companies sanctioned by China for supplying weapons to Taiwan may be denied rare earth elements (REEs), which have critical...
While the US F-35 stealth aircraft has become one the fastest selling fighter jets in the world aircraft market, thanks...