A massive cyber-attack against Mitsubishi Electric has compromised e-mail exchanges between the Japanese MoD, the Nuclear Regulation Authority as well as documents related to projects with private firms, railway operators, communications and car manufacturers.
Mitsubishi said Monday in reports quoted in the Japanese media that no “highly sensitive” information related to defense had been compromised in the cyber-attack.
“The government has been informed that there was no leak of sensitive information related to defense equipment or electricity,” said Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, according to reports.
In June last year, the company spotted irregular activity on devices located in Japan, and conducted an internal investigation, which found unauthorized access to the management section at its head office and elsewhere.
A Chinese cybercrime group is suspected of carrying out the unauthorized access to personal computers and servers, the report said.